Timeline of YIIN History
Recent YIIN History
- Made YIIN presentations to various Yolo County municipalities & groups
- Submitted 2 year grant proposal to Yoche Dehe Wintun Nation to fund Davis and Madison summer DIAS programs and adult literacy programs
- Collaborated with community-based ApoYolo initiative to receive and disperse monies to those immigrants affected by COVID-19
- Submitted and received grant award ($20,000) from Yolo Community Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund for ApoYolo initiative
- Adding members to Board roster representative of diverse cultures and professional abilities
- Further development of ApoYolo initiative beyond the initial pilot in Davis to Winters, Woodland, Esparto, Knights Landing
- YIIN Recognition by YCH March 30th 3 PM at the Yolo County Supervisors’ chambers.
- Support of two Paradise fire victim families at Davis Migrant Center.
- Concluded Yolo County Juvenile Hall visitation after 11 years because of the cancelation of the Office of Refugee Resettlement contract with detained undocumented youth
- Paid legal filing fees ($1750) for undocumented immigrants at the request of immigration lawyer Ann Block
- Paid Attorney fee of $750 to an attorney in Georgia for legal services of a detained immigrant.
- Hired Board minutes Scribe.
- YIIN tabled at the Yolo Food Bank for 2019 Thanksgiving dinner distribution
- Received $6100 from the Woodland 100 Men Who Give a Damn group
- Received grant from Golden One for summer adult computer literacy program at Madison Migrant Center
- YIIN completed a youth enrichment program f(15 youth) at Davis Migrant Farmworker Center and also held ESL class for 6 adults; funded 2 staff positions plus volunteer assistance to operate the program
- Successfully ran the Madison Migrant Center DIAS educational program and literacy program for 35 youth and 8 adults learning computer literacy; funded 3 staff positions plus volunteer assistance to operate the program
- Financially contributed to various farmworker families in Sonoma/Napa during fire season
- Contributed $1500 to UC Davis and Woodland Community College “Food Insecurity Program”
- Held YIIN’s annual fundraiser dinner and community building event, raising $20,250 for ongoing educational programs, food gift cards, legal fees for immigration services, transportation to medical appointments, brochure printing, and other emergent needs arising when folks requested assistance within YIIN’s mission statement.
Full YIIN History (PDF)