– YIIN presents citizenship classes to 20 people in the Davis area.
– YIIN hosts a Rapid Response team Legal Observer Training to 40 volunteers.
– YIIN supports over 40 children at area migrant centers during the summer, providing: computer training, field trips, arts and crafts, soccer, and backpacks (400 distributed).
– Thanks to donations from generous people in the community, YIIN provides 16 DACA recipients with renewal scholarships, from August 11th through September 30th.
– 30+ information tables at various organizations to highlight YIIN resources including events at Woodland Community College and UC Davis and local churches.
– Over 1500 Welcome signs distributed throughout Yolo County and parts of Sacramento County
-YIIN hosts the premier showing of ‘Campito Kids’, a documentary by Antonio De Loera-Brust
– YIIN supports Mariachi Puente with a donation for a statewide Mariachi competition.
– YIIN donates to California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation (CRLAF) to support legal fees for the undocumented.
– YIIN participates in Celebration of Abraham and several community issue meetings.
– Collaboration with other charities such as United Way, Safe Yolo and Empower Yolo.
– Social media followers, also known as ‘Friends of YIIN’, up 44% in one year from 259 to 600.
– YIIN donates a total of $5000 to two non-profits in the Sonoma Fire zone to support undocumented farm workers and their families.
– Spanish language and bilingual books purchased for Madison Migrant Center’s lending library
– Volunteers deliver ongoing support for detained undocumented youth at the Juvenile Detention Center in Woodland. YIIN provides weekly companionship through conversation, playing games, hosting a local Mariachi Band, and initiating beginner guitar lessons and sing-alongs.
– YIIN advocates for community support of Sanctuary Movement status at local municipalities and community events.